POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : WINEing Moray? : WINEing Moray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  WINEing Moray?
From: TigerHawk
Date: 29 Jun 2000 01:46:41
Message: <395AE2B1.E02B5EC8@stic.net>
With regret I must say that my search for a decent Linux modeller has
been unsuccessful. However, Moray has done all but blow my mind (mostly
because it is very easy to input where you want the objects to go, etc.
using coordinates - I was having trouble doing that easily in others -
and I still like being very maticious about my raytraces despite they
are mostly now done with a modeller). So, since there seems to be no
Moray alternative for Linux (yet), I was wondering if anyone has ran
MoRay using WINE and how it worked? I realize Moray is ment to be run
with a Windows version of Pov-Ray (though I don't know if I would want
to run that via WINE when I have a perfectly good, optimized version in
Linux), and was wondering if any automation was done via scrips or other
programs to simulate Moray and PovRay in windows?

Any info would be nice, heck, even some advice on a Linux modeller
<shrug>

Tim Soderstrom
TigerHawk